A Haunting Forum...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleep Paralysis

2 posters

Go down

Sleep Paralysis Empty Sleep Paralysis

Post  HauntingMe Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:14 pm

A lot of people do not believe sleep paralysis is paranormal and I would like to agree but I am not so sure. I have had sleep paralysis for almost 10 years. For me it seems happen in spurts. A couple of years ago when I was experiencing some paranormal phenomenon, it happened a lot. Then I met with some paranormal investigators and the paranormal activity ceased as well as did the sleep paralysis. Coincidence? Read on.

The past two months I started having unexplained things happen again and the sleep paralysis started again at the same time. Before I never had hallucinations but now I am having them when I experience sleep paralysis. It scares the living crap out of me. I am in fear of sleep again. I hate feeling like this.

Does anyone have an opinion on sleep paralysis or think it may be related to paranormal phenomenon?

HauntingMe

Back to top Go down

Sleep Paralysis Empty Re: Sleep Paralysis

Post  dawndilion Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:35 pm

Personally, I don't think it's paranormal. Many people who suffer from sleep paralysis suffer from hallucinations, the most common, I believe, is "the old hag". If I recall correctly, most people suffer from sleep paralysis from laying on their back. One of the LJ communities I frequent has a tag for sleep disorders/paralysis. Pretty interesting to see just how many people are effected:

http://community.livejournal.com/ontdcreepy/tag/sleep%20disorders%20/%20paralysis

Oh,and you have to be 14 to view the content Sad Most of the posts are friends-locked, so you have to have a livejournal acct. to view them. It's worth it, though! Today is Free For All creppy night!

dawndilion

Back to top Go down

Post  HauntingMe Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:40 pm

dawndilion wrote:Personally, I don't think it's paranormal. Many people who suffer from sleep paralysis suffer from hallucinations, the most common, I believe, is "the old hag". If I recall correctly, most people suffer from sleep paralysis from laying on their back. One of the LJ communities I frequent has a tag for sleep disorders/paralysis. Pretty interesting to see just how many people are effected:

http://community.livejournal.com/ontdcreepy/tag/sleep%20disorders%20/%20paralysis

Oh,and you have to be 14 to view the content Sad Most of the posts are friends-locked, so you have to have a livejournal acct. to view them. It's worth it, though! Today is Free For All creppy night!

I use to not think it was paranormal but I had gone two years without any experiences and all of the sudden it starts again. I have never seen the old hag (thank god!) just other things. I try to never sleep on my back.

I am 31 so I don't think the age thing will be a problem!hhaha Thanks...

HauntingMe

Back to top Go down

Post  dawndilion Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Actually, SO WEIRD. I logged into my Livejournal account to read the community like I normally do, and there are three posts on sleep paralysis today! Must be your lucky day, lol!

Wow, forget that! I was still looking under the sleep disorders tag.

From what I'm gathering, it can just come and go. Looks like some people haven't had it for years and then had an episode.

Several studies have concluded that many or most people experience sleep paralysis at least once or twice in their lives.[citation needed] A study conducted by Sedaghat F. et al. has investigated the prevalence of sleep paralysis among Iranian medical students. 24.1% of students reported experiencing sleep paralysis at least once in their lifetime. The same result was reported among Japanese, Nigerian, Kuwaiti, Sudanese and American students.[12]

From Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

I just think there's a scientific explanation for it, so, in my opinion, it has nothing to do with paranormal (unless you count super scary hallucinations rabbit )

dawndilion

Back to top Go down

Post  HauntingMe Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:50 pm

dawndilion wrote:Actually, SO WEIRD. I logged into my Livejournal account to read the community like I normally do, and there are three posts on sleep paralysis today! Must be your lucky day, lol!

Wow, forget that! I was still looking under the sleep disorders tag.

From what I'm gathering, it can just come and go. Looks like some people haven't had it for years and then had an episode.

Several studies have concluded that many or most people experience sleep paralysis at least once or twice in their lives.[citation needed] A study conducted by Sedaghat F. et al. has investigated the prevalence of sleep paralysis among Iranian medical students. 24.1% of students reported experiencing sleep paralysis at least once in their lifetime. The same result was reported among Japanese, Nigerian, Kuwaiti, Sudanese and American students.[12]

From Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

I just think there's a scientific explanation for it, so, in my opinion, it has nothing to do with paranormal (unless you count super scary hallucinations rabbit )

I have seen that Wiki page before. I wonder if stress contributes to it too? Have you ever experienced it?

HauntingMe

Back to top Go down

Post  dawndilion Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:53 pm

I have seen that Wiki page before. I wonder if stress contributes to it too? Have you ever experienced it?

Not that I can ever remember, thank goodness. My nighttime issues tend to be more charlie horses and legs randomly twitching. I think I don't get enough potassium, lol.

dawndilion

Back to top Go down

Post  HauntingMe Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:55 pm

dawndilion wrote:

Not that I can ever remember, thank goodness. My nighttime issues tend to be more charlie horses and legs randomly twitching. I think I don't get enough potassium, lol.

Charlie horses are the worst! Eat some bananas!haha God I sound like my mother!!!

HauntingMe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum